6. Age Limit:
- BE/B.Tech or equivalent qualification in first class with an aggregate minimum of
65% marks or CGPA 6.84/10. Candidates who are going to complete the above course in
the academic year 2017-18 are also eligible to apply, provided final degree is available by
31/8/2018 and their aggregate is 65% marks or CGPA 6.84/10 (average of all semesters for
which results are available). The qualification prescribed and the benchmark are only the
MINIMUM requirement and fulfilling the same does not automatically make candidates
eligible for Written Test.
Age limit: 35 years as on 20.02.2018. Ex-Servicemen
and Persons with Disabilities are eligible for age relaxation as per Govt. of India orders .
7. How to apply:
The application for on-line registration will be hosted in the ISRO web-site between 31.01.2018
and 20.02.2018. Candidates may visit our web-site at www.isro.gov.in to register their
applications on-line between 31.01.2018 and 20.02.2018. The candidates registered under
National Career Services (NCS) portal and fulfilling the eligibility conditions may visit ISRO
website and follow the application procedure as stated. Applications will be received on-line
only. Upon registration, applicants will be provided with an on-line Registration Number,
which should be carefully preserved for future reference. E-mail ID of the applicant will
have to be given in the application compulsorily. The on-line application has to be invariably
followed-up with a 'No Objection Certificate' from the employer concerned, by those
already in employment under Central/State Government, Public Sector Undertakings or
Autonomous Bodies, duly indicating the name and Reg. No. on the reverse
8. Application Fee:
There will be an Application Fee of Rs. 100/- (Rupees One Hundred Only) for each
application. Candidates may make the payment 'online'
using Internet Banking/Debit Card
by visiting nearest SBI Branch. Candidates after submitting their application can
pay application fee immediately or any day before the last date for fee payment
21.02.2018. The last date for submitting online application is 20.02.2018 Candidates are,
however, advised to make online payment by 19.02.2018 to avoid any unexpected
transaction failures/issues. [Candidates making online payment may kindly note that ISRO
shall not be responsible for pending transactions or transaction failures. Candidates may if
required contact their Banks and ensure successful payment of application fee. Candidates
may utilize alternative methods of payment (Offline payment) if required. Ensuring a
from 'Payment Status'
link in ISRO's website is mandatory for the
candidates] The process followed for each case is shown below:
9. Process for application fee payment
- If candidate desires to pay application fee immediately then he on submitting application will be shown a web page displaying registration number. On same web page, there exists "Make Payment" button which candidate may click and follow the payment process as outlined below
- If the candidate wants to pay application fee later, he can pay the fee before closure of the advertisement by accessing the link "Make Payment" link available in advertisement page. Candidate has to provide his registration number, Date of Birth and later click on the "Make Payment" button and follow the payment process as outlined below
The candidates on clicking the Make Payment button will be redirected to State Bank Multi Option Payments Systems (MOPS) page.
The candidate may choose one of the payment modes shown below for making payment.
- Net Banking: State Bank of India
- Net Banking: Other Banks
- Debit Card: State Bank of India
- Debit Card: Other Banks
- Credit Card: State Bank of India
- Credit Card: Other Banks
- Pre-printed SBI Challan (Candidates should download, print and pay the application fees in cash at any SBI Branch within 3 days of generation of challan or last day for payment, whichever is earlier). The challan will be valid for the next three days only, from date of generation. If payment is not made within 3 days the challans, which are older than the specified time will be deemed unsuccessful. However, the candidate may regenerate fresh challan, if required or alternatively, make payment online payment.
10. All Women candidates/Scheduled Castes (SC)/ Scheduled Tribes (ST); Ex-servicemen [EX] and Persons with
Disabilities (PWD) candidates are exempted from payment of Application Fee
- Though application fee charged by ISRO is same across the payment modes the bank
charges and taxes may vary. Therefore candidates are required to carefully follow the
instructions shown. In case of Net banking and debit cards payments, the candidate on
successful payment will be redirected to ISRO web portal and shown a page displaying
- During entire payment processing do not click REFRESH or BACK button, else session will be aborted.
- Please follow the instructions of the banks/payment gateways with respect to the mode of payment (net banking, credit cards, debit cards, across SBI counters).
- Candidates can check Payment status and Print Receipt by visiting 'Payment
Status' link available in advertisement page. In case of pending transactions or transaction
failures candidates are advised to contact their Banks and ensure successful payment of
. However, after registration of
application on-line, the candidates have to down-load and print the personalized registration confirmation form from
the ISRO system which will contain the Name of the candidate, Registration Number, Advertisement No.,and Post code for future reference.
11. In case of submission of duplicate/multiple applications by Women candidates/Scheduled Castes (SC)/ Scheduled Tribes (ST); Ex-serviceman [EX] and Persons with Disabilities (PWD) candidates,
the last application submitted before the last date for submission of application shall be considered for further processing.
In case of submission of duplicate/multiple applications by other candidates including OBC, the application against which the 'application fee' has been received within the last date for payment
of application fee only will be considered.
12. The candidates who are already employed under Central/State Govt/PSU/Autonomous
Bodies have to send a 'No Objection Certificate'
from the employer concerned, duly
indicating their Registration Number and Post Code to the Administrative Officer [ICRB],
ISRO Headquarters, Bengaluru within seven days of filing the applications on-line by
the candidates and in any case not later than 27.02.2018.
13. Documents to be sent to ISRO Headquarters, Bengaluru by 27.02.2018
14. Selection Process:
candidates who are already employed under
Central/State Govt./PSU/ Autonomous Bodies
should produce 'No Objection Certificate' from the
BE/B.Tech or equivalent qualification in first class with an aggregate
minimum of 65% marks or CGPA 6.84/10 (average of all semesters for which results are
available). The qualification prescribed and the benchmark are only the MINIMUM
requirement and fulfilling the same does not automatically make candidates eligible for
Written Test. Based on the academic performance and bio-data, initial screening will be
conducted to short-list candidates for taking-up written test. The written test will be
conducted on 22.04.2018 at twelve venues viz., Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Bhopal,
Chandigarh, Chennai, Guwahati, Hyderabad, Kolkata, Lucknow, Mumbai, New Delhi
and Thiruvananthapuram. However, the Organization reserves the right to cancel/change
the written test venue and re-allot the candidates to any other test centre. The call letters
for the written test to the short-listed candidates will be sent only by e-mail during
second/third of March 2018. The written test paper consists of 80 objective type questions
carrying equal marks. Based on the performance in the Written Test, candidates will be
short-listed for interview, the schedule and venue of which will be notified. Written test is
only a first level screening and written test score will not be considered for final selection
process. Final selection will be based on the performance of the candidates in the Interview
and those who secure minimum 60% marks in the interview will be eligible for consideration
for empanelment in the selection panel, in the order of merit.
15. Pay and Allowances:
Selected candidates will
be appointed as Scientist/Engineer 'SC' in Level 10 of Pay Matrix and will be paid minimum
basic pay of Rs. 56100/- p.m. In addition, House Rent Allowance [HRA] and Transport
Allowance at the prescribed rates in force at the place of posting will be paid for those who
are not availing Departmental Housing and Transport facility, respectively. The employees
will be governed by the New Pension Scheme.
16. Other Conditions/Instructions:
On employment in ISRO, other facilities are available such as medical facilities for self and
dependents, subsidized canteen, transport allowance when official transport is not availed,
limited housing facility for fresh entrants in lieu of HRA, Leave Travel Concession, Group
Insurance, advance for construction of house, etc as per Central Government orders.
17. It is for the candidate to ensure that he / she fulfills the eligibility criteria and complie with the
requirements and adheres to the instructions contained in this advertisement as well as in the application
form. Candidates are, therefore, urged to carefully read the advertisement and complete the application
form and submit the same as per instructions given in this regard.
- Candidates may apply for the post against any of the disciplines
mentioned in the drop-down menu (Step 3) of the Application form .
- The candidates
registered under National Career Services (NCS) portal and fulfilling the eligibility
conditions may visit ISRO website and follow the application procedure as stated in the
previous paragraphs. The posts are temporary, but likely to continue.
- The appointees are
liable to be posted in any of the Centres/Units of the Indian Space Research
Organisation/Department of space situated anywhere in India as and when required .
Candidates may have to work on round the clock shift basis depending on the functional
- For details of ISRO/DOS Centres/Units, please visit http://www.isro.gov.in/about-isro/isro-centres
- Candidates attending the interview will be
reimbursed to and fro second-class train fare by the shortest route from the city indicated in
the on-line application form to the place of interview (change of address and city for the
purpose will not be entertained).
- Candidates called for interview will have to produce all
relevant original documents in proof of details furnished in their applications submitted on-
line, at the time of interview .
- If any information furnished on-line is found to be wrong or
false, the candidate will not be interviewed and TA will not be paid.
- No TA will be paid for
attending the Written Test .
- ISRO reserves the right not to fill up all or any of the posts, if it
- Only Indian nationals need to apply.
- No interim correspondence will be
- In case of any clarification, candidates may refer to the FAQs uploaded in the
ISRO website against the advertisement or send their mail to email@example.com.
Government strives to have a workforce which reflects gender balance and women
candidates are encouraged to apply.
|18. The Answer Keys will be published in the ISRO web-site within three working days of the
Written Test. The candidates may raise objections with valid justifications, if any, within 5 days of publishing the answer
keys in the web-site, ONLY through the link that shall be provided after the written test. Objections, if any, received thereafter and through any other modes
will not be considered under any circumstances.|